Abigail B. Walsh
Abigail began her legal career following law school as an Assistant Solicitor with the Charleston County Solicitor’s Office where she handled over 300 criminal cases including drug crimes and trafficking, burglary, armed robbery, breach of trust, criminal domestic violence, murder, weapon offenses, property crimes, and violent crimes.
Following the Charleston County Solicitor’s Office, Abigail joined the nationally recognized firm of Motley Rice in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina, as an associate attorney in the toxic torts litigation division where she managed over 25 asbestos cases, including a secondary household exposure mesothelioma case, on an active trial docket in St. Louis, Missouri. There she conducted investigations into various clients’ exposure to asbestos-contaminated products, deposed and defended depositions, and conducted extensive discovery and legal research to prepare cases for trial.
Abigail then joined the law firm of Hulsey Litigation Group in Charleston, South Carolina. As an associate attorney she assisted with the management of and participated in cases filed in state court in Arkansas, and in federal court in Puerto Rico, South Carolina, and Florida. She worked on various cases including but not limited to catastrophic personal injury cases involving severe spinal and brain injuries, toxic tort personal injury and wrongful death cases involving the exposure to harmful chemicals and toxins, wrongful death cases resulting from plane crashes, defective aviation design, and/or pilot error, asbestos-exposure and related disease cases including mesothelioma, health care insurance fraud cases, and premises liability cases in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. Abigail participated in all stages of civil litigation and remained extensively engaged in complex service of process issues and civil discovery with foreign defendants and conducted extensive research into corporate parent and subsidiary business relationships for purposes of filing suit and developing liability, resolving conflicts of law and the taking of depositions abroad issues. While working for the Hulsey Litigation Group, Abigail passed the federal bar in Puerto Rico.
In 2006, Abigail opened her own law firm, Abigail B. Walsh, LLC, and focused on local, state, and federal criminal cases, and general civil litigation including but not limited to plaintiff’s construction defect cases, personal injury, breach of contract cases, commercial litigation, landlord/tenant disputes, and real estate litigation.
In 2010, Abigail joined forces with attorney Lauren E. Williams to found the innovative, law firm of Williams & Walsh, LLC. She focuses primarily on Eminent Domain / Condemnation Law. Personal Injury, and General Civil Litigation.
Abigail served on the board of the South Carolina Women Lawyers Association from 2007 through 2016.
Abigail also served on the Lawyers Fund for Client Protection Committee as appointed by the South Carolina Supreme Court and further administered by the South Carolina Bar Association from 2-15 to 2019. The term of the appointment is for four years.
Abigail and her husband Brendan live in downtown Charleston.
Eminent Domain/Condemnation for Landowners (Residential/Commercial/Agricultural etc.)
General Civil Litigation
Negligence and Torts
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- South Carolina 2003
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina 2005
- United States Supreme Court 2008
- Federal Bar Puerto Rico – passed 2006
- Washington & Lee School of Law, J.D. 2003
- College of Charleston, B.A. and B.S. 1999
- Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School 1995
- Charleston County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Association of Justice
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Association of Justice
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- League of Women Voters
BOARDS AND COMMITTEES
- The Cooper School Board of Trustees 2022-2028 Term
- The Green Heart Project Board of Directors – 2015 to 2021
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Super Lawyers South Carolina Rising Star in the State of South Carolina – 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- South Carolina Super Lawyers 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022.
- The Fellows of the American Bar Foundation – The Board of Directors selected Abigail B. Walsh to become a Fellow of the ABF. Membership in The Fellows is limited to less than one percent of the lawyers admitted to practice in each jurisdiction of the United States. The ABF is recognized as a leading institute in the United States for social science research on law in such areas as the functioning of juries, the careers of lawyers, the social costs of mass incarceration, diversity in the legal profession, law and globalization, and many other aspects of the legal system.
Williams & Walsh, LLC
Williams & Walsh, LLC
125-A Wappoo Creek Dr,
Charleston, SC 29412
Tel . 843.722.0157
Fax . 843.762.2198