When you leave home, you should not have to concern yourself with whether the places you visit have reasonably protected you from unsafe conditions and harm. You have the right to expect a safe environment. Property owners, businesses, and landlords have a duty to keep their property reasonably safe and free from dangerous conditions whether they own the property or simply operate a business on the property. Failure to maintain a property in a safe condition can result, and often does, in accidents that cause serious injuries to visitors and customers.
If you or a loved one sustained injuries while on the property of another, you may bring a premises liability claim where:
The property owner was responsible for the unsafe condition(s) resulting in an injury;
The property owner knew or should have known about the dangerous unsafe condition since a reasonable person would have discovered the problem and taken steps to prevent injuries from happening; and,
The property owner, though aware that hazardous conditions existed on the property, failed to correct the condition(s).
If you or a loved one sustained an injury due to an unsafe condition on another’s property, you may seek compensation for all damages you suffered including, but not limited to, the cost of medical treatment, cost of medication, cost of rehabilitative therapy, lost income, pain and suffering, etc. An injury can leave you with physical pain and financial hardship for a long time. You deserve to hold those accountable for your injuries and compensation to help cover financial losses and costs.
Premises liability actions can arise from accidents on various properties including, but not limited to, a home, hotel, shopping mall, private or public swimming pool, retail store, grocery store, job site, apartment complex, construction site, parks and recreation areas, gyms, parking lots, sidewalks, etc. If you have sustained physical injuries as a result of one of these occurrences or conditions listed below (or another not listed) due to unsafe property conditions, you may be eligible to seek compensation for damages:
- Retail Store or Grocery Store Slip and Fall, Trip and Fall, or Other Falling Accidents due to slippery or wet floors, torn carpet, defective or broken stairs or escalator, inadequate lighting, etc.
- Parking Lot Accidents due to uneven pavement, potholes, or other unsafe condition
- Sidewalk Accidents due to uneven pavement other unsafe condition
- Unsafe Stairwell, Escalator, or Elevator Accidents
- Dog Bite or Other Animal Attack
- Construction Site Accidents due to defective lighting, debris, or other unsafe condition
- Workplace Accidents
- Assault due to Inadequate Security or Lighting at a Night Club, Retail Store, Parking Lot, Garage, Shopping Mall, etc.
- Swimming Pool Drowning and Accidents
- Amusement Park Accidents
- Liquor Liability and Dram Shop Accidents (over-served drunk drivers leaving bars and restaurants)
- Falling Equipment and Merchandise Accidents due to improper stacking of merchandise or equipment
- Electrical Accidents
- Apartment Complex Accidents
- Railing and Balcony Accidents
- Negligent Security / Bouncer Security
- Nightclub and Bar Injuries
At Williams & Walsh, our attorneys have extensive experience helping and guiding persons injured as a result of unsafe, dangerous conditions on another’s property and their families. We will investigate the facts of the incident, preserve and photograph all evidence that exists, work hard to identify liable insurers, and help you obtain financial recovery to alleviate the strain imposed by medical bills, lost wages, and other challenges that have arisen since the accident.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to compensation. Please call us today for a free consultation.
No Problem! We will come to your home or hospital.