Charleston, South Carolina Auto Accident and Injury Attorneys
Accidents, collisions or car wrecks may result from the careless, reckless and/or negligent conduct of other drivers, or may result from manufacturer defects such as defective brakes, steering, suspension systems, and seatbelts. Involvement in an accident is overwhelming and can result in physical, emotional, and financial injury and loss. You may have to suffer through a long recovery period from physical injuries and pay for costly medical bills while not being able to work and earn an income. Even the most minor auto collisions can produce serious physical injuries that may not arise until months later.
Williams & Walsh is committed to ensuring that accident victims receive the just compensation they are entitled to under the law. While no amount of compensation can reverse the damage and suffering, it can assist with your medical bills, rehabilitation, lost employment wages, and the overall financial stability of your future.
Our SC injury lawyers have handled all types of motor vehicle / auto accidents:
- Accidents / collisions caused by another driver’s negligent conduct
- Car-Truck accidents
- Pedestrians and bicyclists struck by cars
- Motorcycle accidents
- Boat accidents
- Alcohol Liability / Dram Shop Cases against person(s) who served the drunk driver
- Fatal car wrecks
A victim of an auto accident may be entitled to compensation for the following:
- Past and future medical care and expenses
- Property damages
- Present and future loss of earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Punitive damages for exceedingly reckless or careless conduct
Williams & Walsh is dedicated to carefully evaluating whether you have a claim against the other driver or negligent party, taking fierce legal action against the responsible party, and fighting the insurance companies – even your own insurance company. It is imperative that you or your loved ones contact us today to evaluate the merits of your case as an early investigation, evaluation of injuries, and preservation of evidence is the key to successfully proving the negligence of the responsible party and to maximizing the compensation you are entitled to under the law.
Contact an accident lawyer today for a free consultation to discuss the details of your accident and the physical and financial impact and challenges you have suffered and/or will suffer as a result.
Actions Arising from a Motor Vehicle Accident
Car accidents are fairly common occurrences these days, but the effect these accidents have on the victims is anything but routine. You need a law firm with experience in handling various types of car crash litigation.
What should I do if I am involved in a motor vehicle accident?
1) Evaluate injuries and call 911. Your first priority after an accident is to evaluate the extent of your injuries and those of your passengers. If you are seriously injured or if you are pinned within your vehicle, and there is no further chance of danger, do not try to exit the vehicle on your own – you may injure yourself further in the process. Wait for paramedics and police to extricate you safely.
Even if you do not think you are seriously injured, stay on the scene, cooperate with investigating officers, and allow EMS to evaluate you before leaving. Some injuries do not manifest themselves right away, so it is important to get checked out. Follow up with your regular physician within a couple of days to make sure everything is okay.
2) Obtain insurance information. As soon as is practical, exchange insurance information with every driver or owner involved in the accident. This helps expedite the claims process. You should also report the incident to your insurer.
3) Be careful what you say and sign. Aside from cooperating with an official investigation, avoid making any statements – orally or in writing – to others involved in the accident or to your insurance company before contacting a licensed attorney. These parties can use your statements in an attempt to deny your claim or attribute fault to you, so if you are not careful in what you say you may unknowingly hurt your case. Do not sign any document from your insurance company, even if it appears favorable to you.
4) Document everything. If possible, take photos of the accident scene with your smart phone. Keep and maintain copy of all documents relating to the crash – photos, police reports, letters from insurers, medical records and bills, etc. These are essential to fully investigating the matter and pursuing a lawsuit.
5) Retain counsel as soon as you can. You need an experienced law firm working on your behalf to make sure the investigation, insurance claim, and any potential litigation is done properly. The attorneys at Williams & Walsh are ready to help you!
How can my attorney help me?
Experienced attorneys, like those at Williams & Walsh, can help you:
- Investigate the cause of the accident and determine fault
- Negotiate with insurance companies – yours and the other drivers’ – to ensure that your claim is handled fairly and efficiently.
- Work with medical providers to ensure you are receiving all the treatment you need
- Assist you with any forms and paperwork required under Medicare, Medicaid, etc.
- Pursue litigation to protect your interests and recover what you are entitled to receive
- What other considerations do auto accidents raise?
Aside from who caused or contributed to the cause of the accident, it is important that you have counsel who understands all the issues that could come into play, including the following:
- Texting or calling while driving as a contributing cause
- Impaired driving (alcohol, drugs, tired) as a contributing cause
- Improper or insufficient road conditions and signage
- Defective parts or systems within a vehicle (rollover, brake failure, defective airbag, etc.)
- Accidents involving a business-owned vehicle
Contact a Charleston, SC accident lawyer today
The attorneys at Williams & Walsh understands these issues and more. Let them put their experience to work for you. Call (843) 722-0157.
Difficult to Come To the Office for An Appointment?
No Problem! We will come to your home or hospital.